Hey Hippies!! It’s been one year since I started my blog, Laugh Love & Hippie!! I can’t believe how far I’ve come from my first post till now. I also can’t believe that people are actually interested in what I have to say. I think that’s so cool and I’m humbled by every one of you! So thank you for reading my blog, watching my YouTube videos, commenting on my posts and just showing me love! I truly appreciate the love!
I realized that I never get that personal on my blog. It’s mostly girly stuff like makeup and fashion. To kick off one year of blogging I thought I would fill you in on some fun facts about me.
- I’m married to my high school sweetheart, Daniel. We’ve been together 13 years and married for almost 4 years. He’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me. We were best friends all throughout high school and I had to ask him to go out with me because he said I was a nerd. (Yes I was a nerd but proud of it) And we’ve been together ever since.
- My dad and stepmom kicked me out of the house when I was 18. It was the best thing that could have happened to me. I learned to be independent and become my own person. Ya, I had to sleep in my car for awhile but everything I have now is because I earned it myself and I’m pretty proud of who I’ve become.
- In 2008 my husband and I lost our apartment from a wildfire. They didn’t evacuate our apartment complex and we had seconds to leave our apartment because the fire was already burning the building. Because of this, I’ve learned to appreciate life, no matter what the circumstance. I learned to trust God more and to pray! It was a traumatic experience but I feel like it was a wake up call for me. This experience changed me for the better.
- I love tattoos just hate getting them because they hurt! Pain is beauty. Everyone assumes my husband has tattoos but he only has one.
- I consider myself a hippie because I love nature! Being outside makes me happy and it’s something I have to do for my soul. You can find me watching a sunset at the beach or taking a nice long hike on the weekends. I like to use natural remedies instead of man made products.
- I never wear makeup to work
- I rarely watch TV. My friends know not to ask me if I’ve seen a certain show or movie because most likely I’ve never seen it or heard of it. I just feel like watching TV is a waste of time. Even when I’m sick and can’t move, I’d rather be reading or listening to music.
- I love animals! Most of the time, more than I like people. Two years ago I decided to stop eating dairy, beef, and pork. Any animal I can’t see myself killing, I won’t eat it! I’ve had chickens and turkeys that we raised for food, so I don’t mind eating them or seafood. The more research I did on red meat and dairy, the easier it was for me to stop eating it.
- Since living on my own, all my dogs that I’ve had have been pitbuls. Which has been four of them. I love the breed and I love showing people that they’re amazing dogs and the biggest lovers! It’s those little dogs you have to watch out for! Even though it’s just my husband and I, we rent a three bedroom house just for them to have a big backyard.
- I was born and raised in Southern California but I actually can’t wait to move away from here! Yes, the weather is amazing, but the cost of living is so high, it’s overpopulated, people are rude and are always in competition to have the best of everything. I’m not about that life.
- I throw away everything! My husband always gets mad at me for this. My moto is, if I haven’t used it in the past 6 months, it’s gone!
- I can only count my friends on one hand and I’m totally cool with that! Friends come and go. The older I get, I don’t even care if someone doesn’t want to be my friend anymore. Life’s too short to waste it on people who don’t want to be in your life.
- I love to shop!! One of the main reasons I started my blog was to share everything that I buy. I would call it an addiction for sure! But I’m not trying to go to shopping rehab anytime soon. The mailman at my work always makes fun of me because I have packages being sent there almost everyday!
- I’m a big DIY’er. I like to figure out how something was made and then make it myself. I’ve painted most of the pictures hanging up in my house, made furniture, candles, chap sticks… the list goes on.
- I’m not a makeup artist but I love doing my makeup. I’m still trying to figure out a good brow routine. I watch a lot of YouTube videos on how to do different makeup looks and try to recreate them myself. It takes practice. I’m obsessed with special effects makeup. I think it’s amazing what you can create with makeup. But as much as I love makeup, I can’t wait to wash it off either. The struggle is real!
- Blogging has made me not be as shy and socially awkward. Before I started blogging I had really bad anxiety. I would avoid any conversation as much as possible! I would turn bright red just if someone asked me how my day was going. This past year, I forced myself to attend social events and talk to people. It’s really helped me become less shy and more outgoing. Now, I feel like I can go out and talk to anyone. The older I get, it gets easier to not care about what people think about me, even if I’m being a complete dork, because that’s just me.
- I’ve had the same job for 12 years but I’m about to quit and be a stay at home dog mom! And to blog full time of course.
- I went back to college in my late 20’s and have a business degree.
- Music is life!! I love all genres of music. From hip-hop, to county, blues music, to reggae. I love it all! My playlist is all over the place and I love it! I’m currently listening to some Backstreet Boys. BSB Forever!!
- I eat the same thing for breakfast every single morning and I never get tired of it. Eggs, turkey bacon and spinach, scrambled together. Sometimes I’ll switch it up and make the eggs over easy. And I have to eat within 30 minutes of waking up or I’m hangry AF!
- I’ve only had one cavity my whole life! I love to brush and floss my teeth 🙂
- I get over people really fast! If someone does me dirty, I cut them out of my life with no hesitation. Byeeee Felicia
- I love to give back to others who truly need the help. I donate to charities and volunteer my time. When I was growing up, my family didn’t have a lot, we lived in motels and some days, didn’t even have food to eat. I always remembered the people who helped us. The charities that welcomed us with open arms and fed us a hot meal. Now that I have the means to help others, I do it.
- My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for….three years now. We might be duds but we’re ok with it. We both believe that everything happens for a reason. If it’s not in God’s plan for us, we trust that. If I can’t have a baby, I’ll just have all the animals!! Not just dogs, I want cows, pigs, sheep! A whole farm pretty much. #goals
- I love to learn! I’m always researching how to do things. I take notes when I watch YouTube videos. I taught myself how to build my website and how to edit my YouTube videos myself. A lot of trial and error but I have to figure stuff out or it drives me crazy. I’m always the one to read the instruction manual and put stuff together, not because I have to, because I like to. I’m a nerd like that but nerds rock!!
- I’m really a mermaid. But I’m sure you already knew that 🙂
**** I bought this romper at a random booth at the swap meet! It’s made really well and was only $26! Right when I saw it I knew it would be perfect with this photoshoot. I found a similar one below.
I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit more about me. I would love to learn something about you, leave a comment below on a fun fact about you! These amazing pictures were taking by Sydney Bliss Wallace. Check out her Instagram here. She’s amazing! Have an amazing day my loves! Stay Hippie