Classic Red Lip for Valentine’s Day

Classic Red Lip for Valentine’s Day

Nothing says Valentine’s Day more than a classic red lip. Red is such a classy and beautiful way to make any makeup look more festive for Valentine’s Day. When I have such a bright lip, I make sure to not do a lot on my eyes so it brings more attention to my lips. I have so many red lipsticks, it was hard to choose one but I went with Kylie Cosmetics in Mary Jo K. I feel that this shade is the perfect Valentine’s red. What’s your favorite red lip color? <3

Details:

Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear

Concealer:Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Radiant Firming Makeup, Creamy Natural 200, 1 Fluid Ounce

Setting Powder: Loose Setting Powder – Translucent – Laura Mercier – Powder – Loose Setting Powder – 29g/1oz

Bronzer/ Countour: Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzing Powder 0.28 Ounces

Blush: Too Faced Sweet Peach Papa Don’t Peach Blush

Eyeshadows: Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzing Powder 0.28 Ounces in the crease, Makeup Geek Eyeshadow (Mocha) to deepen crease, stila Eye Shadow Compact, Kitten on the lid.

Lashes: KoKo Lashes QUEEN B Wispy Glamour Fake Eyelashes (New Original)

Highlight: BECCA Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed – CHAMPAGNE POP

Lips: Kylie Cosmetics in Mary Jo K

💋 XoXo💋

Advertisements

29 Comments

1. February 6, 2017 / 6:26 pm

I’m loving the red shade in the Velvet Kiss range by Collection. And it’s £2.99! H x

2. February 6, 2017 / 8:18 pm

I’m with you, I have so many red lips that I love. I’ve been dying to try Kylie’s… I bought one of her lip kits wayyy back when she very first released it and I was so disappointed with the product, the matte just dried my lips up (which I of course knew it would happen) but this was like THE most drying lip product so I read reviews on it and everyone was saying the same thing but more recently, Idk if she fixed the formula but I’ve been reading and less and less people are talking about how drying it is. And just by the looks of your pictures it looks perfect! I might need to give it a second try! My favorite red to date is NYXs matte lipstick in Perfect Red 🙂

xo, JJ

• February 6, 2017 / 8:50 pm

I had a couple of them do the same thing to me! I noticed with the darker colors, they do dry fast and if you keep applying more layers, it looks bad. I use a lip brush to apply those colors now cause you can control the amount of color on your brush to use, rather than the applicator it comes with. I didn’t need a brush for this red though. I’ve tried tons of liquid lips out and Kylie’s are by far my favorite. I love NYX’s matte lipsticks! That red is pretty too! <3

3. February 7, 2017 / 7:32 pm

This is such a gorgeous classy look. We love it ! x

4. February 8, 2017 / 5:23 pm

I love reds in general and I mostly choose the cooler toned ones. I love this shade on you!! xoxo Sarah

• February 8, 2017 / 8:46 pm

Thank you! I like cooler toned reds as well. My skin is pretty fair so they work the best on my skin tone! Thanks for stopping by! XoXo

• February 9, 2017 / 4:44 pm

Thanks girl! It really is an amazing red, especially for Valentine’s Day. <3

5. February 14, 2017 / 8:41 pm

Great shade of red and the makeup is really well applied!☺

Comment! I love your feedback <3