I’ve been to my fair share of spas to get a facial but I always left with just red irritated skin and never saw much of a difference in my skin. But if I could suggest one thing for you treat your skin to, it’s a hydrafacial. My skin feels and looks amazing right after and gets even better for the next couple of days. My skin has dramatically improved from the hydrafacial. I use to get cystic acne on my chin and jaw line and I credit the hydrafacial for getting rid of that problem. I’ve gone every month now, for I think 6 months. My skin is so great now, I think I’ll start going every two months now. I go to Cosmeticare in Newport Beach, Ca and Lisa McCoy is my medical esthetician. Lisa is so nice, and very knowledgeable about everything skin related. If you’re in the Orange County area I highly recommend going to Lisa. You’ll leave looking a couple of years younger.
So What is a Hydrafacial?
It’s a non-invasive treatment, done in steps that combines hydradermabrasion, a chemical peel, extractions, and a dose of antioxidants, hyaluronic acid and peptides. All of this is done in one quick treatment with no downtime or irritation. Ideally, this treatment benefits those with skin problems relating to hyper-pigmentation, acne, brown spots, fine lines, wrinkles, and congested or oily pores but is great for all skin types.
- The first step involves skin cleansing with exfoliation done by an aesthetic technician. A deplaning tool that feels kinda like a toothbrush on the face, opens up the pores of the skin and cleanses the uppermost layer from dead skin cells.
- Next, a series of glycolic and salicylic acids is applied that doesn’t sting, as acid peels usually do.
- Then, with the help of a nozzle that sucks into the skin’s surface, the extraction process cleans off clogged pores gently but with precision. When I fist started going Lisa did extractions manually and I needed a lot. Yesterday I went and barley needed anything!
- Finally, a serum of antioxidants, collagen, peptides, and hyaluronic acid is applied using another tool. The serum aids in the skin’s smoothness, suppleness and hydration. Lisa does this over the lips as well, so your lips get that extra suppleness.
- Lisa also did an added bonus to the hydrafacial which is done with a Galvanic device that smooths out fine lines, wrinkles and reduces pore size. It’s like an iron for wrinkles! She did half of my face and showed me what it looked like and it was unbelievable. It uses a magnetic current that infuses an anti-aging serum that stays in the skins cells for 3 days. This leaves you with a temporary face lifting effect and it also includes an eye treatment that tightens and reduces lines under the eyes.
So if you have a special occasion coming up, a hot date, or just want to treat your skin right, get this facial! You won’t be disappointed.
These are Cosmeticare’s prices and their descriptions for the Hydrafacial:
The HydraFacial: ($169 each or a package of 3 or more for 20% off which makes them $135 each) It can be done right before Botox or lip filler but cannot be done for at least 1 week after Botox and 2 weeks after facial filler. It is a Hydra-dermabrasion treatment that deep cleans, exfoliates, plumps up skin with moisture and leaves you with a radiant, long lasting glow with no down time. Includes lip exfoliation and lymphatic drainage (which most places don’t)
Platinum HydraFacial: ($200 or $160 each for a package of 3 or more) includes the regular HydraFacial with an added bonus of the Galvanic device. I call it my wrinkle iron because it smooths out fine lines, wrinkles and reduces pore size using a magnetic current infusing an anti-aging serum that stays deep in skin cell for 3 days. It also has a temporary face-lifting effect which reduces puffiness and includes a separate eye treatment that tightens and reduces crepiness under eyes.
1101 Bayside Dr. 2nd Flr
Newport Beach, Ca. 92625
949-718-6900 ext 104
** If you go to Cosmeticare don’t forget to let them know Kristina Coelho referred you 🙂